Recently Awarded Grants
Trust Board Awards 4th Quarter 2017 Grants
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board approved the fourth quarter disbursement of 2017 Operation Round Up® funds. The Trust Board received 24 grant requests and awarded more than $25,000 to the following applicants:
- $7,500 to KEC’s Project Share program to provide energy assistance to members in need.
- $2,400 to Chorale Coeur d’Alene to purchase a portable piano.
- $2,000 to the Post Falls Food Bank for the Grocery Rescue Program.
- $2,000 to Timberlake High School to bring the Rachel’s Challenge Program to the school.
- $2,000 to Lake City High School to enhance the High School Reading Workshop program.
- $1,500 to the Crane Historical Society for an arborist to care for historical trees in the Harrison area.
- $1,500 to the Twin Lakes Schoolhouse Foundation to update the plumbing and electrical in the schoolhouse.
- $1,500 to Children’s Village to help children who have been abused, neglected or suffered a family crisis.
- $1,400 to Greensferry Elementary to purchase tablets for special education students.
- $1,000 to the Kootenai Environmental Alliance to help fund the Annual Water Festival for 5th grade students.
- $1,000 to North Idaho STEM Charter Academy to purchase sports equipment for the students.
- $800 to Woodland Middle School to purchase supplies for their art program.
- $750 to Lakes Magnet Middle School to provide scholarships to the Trail Creek Camp for sixth graders.
- $500 to Lemons of Love to purchase comfort items for cancer patients.
The next grant applications are due January 26, 2018, at the KEC office. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up® or who would like to begin contributing may simply “opt-out” or “opt-in” on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.